Sweet Potato Clean Eating BrowniesJul 17, 2017
This recipe is moist and rich - you won't believe these are brownies made from Sweet potatoes!
1 medium-sized Sweet Potato baked
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup Light Spelt Flour
2/3 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
1/2 tsp Real Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1. Bake the sweet potato and make sure skin is removed.
2. Prepare and preheat the over to 350 F and prepare the baking pan, greased.
3. Add the sweet potato, coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla in a bowl to mix or use a food processor. Mix till very smooth. Make sure you take time to scrape the sides so we have all ingredients in.
4. In separate bowl, mix together spelt flour, cacao, baking powder and salt.
5. Mix with the first mixture and add the combined mixutre in the baking pan and bake for 17 minutes or till when you prick with a toothpick it comes out clean.
6. Make sure not to overbake the brownies.
7. Let it cool/
8. Next step is to prepare your ganache, in a microwave safe bowl add in the chocolate chips and half of the coconut milk. Microwave for 45 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir. Add in the remaining coconut milk and mix until very smooth. Frost the brownies with the ganache and serve or let it set first before serving. Enjoy.