Quinoa Almond Butter TrufflesMar 05, 2018
1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
1/2 tsp melted coconut oil
2 tsp coconut sugar
3/4 cup almond butter
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp gluten free oat flour
3.5 ounces of dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare your baking pan lined with parchment paper or cookie sheets.
2. In a small saucepan add in 1/2 cup of water and 1/4 cup of quinoa and cook the quinoa. Remove from heat and add in coconut oil and brown sugar. Mix well and dump in baking sheet. Be careful as it can be hot. Use a spatula to even the quinoa in the baking sheet and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until it turns golden brown in color. Let it cool for a few minutes after.
3. Prepare the almond butter truffles. In a bowl stir in together the almond butter, vanilla and maple syrup until properly combined. Add in flour and stir. The dough should be soft then add in the toasted quinoa to the mixture. You may use your hands in rolling the dough into balls. Place them in parchment paper and freeze for 15 minutes.
4. After it has set and frozen in the refrigerator, prepare the melted dark chocolate and dip each of the balls until fully coated.
5. Sprinkle truffles with the seal salt and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes or until they harden.