3 Healthy Fall Drinks That Wont Add To Your WaistlineOct 17, 2015
3 Healthy Fall Drinks that wont add to your waistline
The weather is turning cold here in Pittsburgh. I am admiring the changes in the leaves but, not looking forward to the cooler temperatures. I am constantly cold. There is nothing better than relaxing with a hot mug in your hands to warm up. Specialty beverages from coffee shops and cafes often have a lot of hidden sugar and calories. To live a healthier life and start every day on a warm note, make these 3 fall drinks at home!
PALEO PUMPKIN SPICED LATTE
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon full fat coconut milk, cream, milk of choice, or water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla (gluten-free, as needed)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 drops of liquid stevia (such as NuNatural's version) or 1-4 tablespoons of sweetener of choice such as rapadura, maple syrup, honey, etc.
- 1 ½ -2 cups of strongly brewed coffee or 4 shots of espresso with added water to equal 2 cups
- ¾- 1 cup of full fat coconut milk, dairy-free milk of choice, or cow or goat milk
- Cinnamon for sprinkling on the top, optional
- Coconut whipped cream, optional
- Mix the pumpkin puree, tablespoon of milk, spices, and sweetener in a small bowl. Whisk well.
- In a small pot or saucepan, whisk the coffee and pumpkin mixture together, and heat until at desired temperature.
- In a separate small pot or saucepan, heat the milk of choice, and using a handheld frother, froth it. (I find this works best when the milk is JUST hot, not boiling).
- Divide the coffee mixture into two cups, and pour the foamed milk over it. Top with coconut whipped cream, if desired, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve and enjoy.
With these warm and delicious fall drinks, you’ll be able to enjoy specialty drinks in your home or on-the-go, without hidden calories!
Enjoy these beverages in the morning to energize, or in the evening to warm up while you snuggle on the couch with a book and relax.
I would love to here what you think of my recipes after you try them. Please comment below and share with your friends if you find them enjoying!